Lacinato "Dinosaur" Kale
- SKU: 85100
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 100 seeds per packet.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 2 to 3 feet tall
- Light Required: Full Sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
Lacinato "Dinosaur" Kale
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 100 seeds per packet.
- LightFull Sun.
- Height2 to 3 feet tall
- Spread2 - 3 ft wide
- Spacing12 inches apart in rows 12 - 18 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliagePrimitive-looking, long, thin, blue-green leaves (3" wide x 10" long).
- Soil RequirementsRich, well drained soil.
- CommentsPrimitive-looking, long, thin, blue-green leaves (3" wide x 10" long). Considered by many to be the best-tasting kale. Extremely winter hardy, great for late summer sowing with late fall/winter harvest. Slightly sweeter and more delicate ... than curly kale
- Botanical NameBrassica 'Lacinato'
- HeaderGreat flavored Italian heirloom.
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch
- Days To Maturity30 days baby leaf, 60- 90 days full size
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.