- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 250 seeds per pkt.
- FormUpright perennial.
- LightFull sun.
- Height2-3 1/2 feet
- Spread1 1/2 - 3 feet
- Spacing18 inches.
- Zones4 - 8
- FoliageLight green foliage grows on square stems.
- Flower FormTerminal spikes of lavender flowers.
- BloomsBlooms in mid to late summer. Plants should flower the first year.
- Germination14 - 31 days.
- Soil RequirementsGrows well in average soil. Good drainage is necessary.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 250 seeds per packet.
- PruningRemove spent flowers to encourage reblooming.
- CommentsButterflies, hummingbirds, and bees will be so excited to discover this beautiful native flower in the garden. Dense clusters of tiny, lavender-purple flowers appear in 3-6 inch terminal spikes at the tops of square stems, adding vertical interest in the garden. This plant is a must for butterfly and hummingbird gardens, pollinator gardens, herb gardens, and perennial borders. Aromatic leaves emit a delightful fragrance of mint and licorice. Leaves are great to use in herbal teas and potpourris. Flowers are a pretty accent in fresh and dried flower arrangements. Great deer-resistant plant. After established, becomes drought tolerant.
- Botanical NameAgastache foeniculum
- HeaderDeliciously Fragrant
- DepthSeeds: Place at, or just below, the soil surface. Plants: plant at the same level it was grown at in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.