Lilac Sunday Lilac
- SKU: 71313
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 3 - 7.
- Height: 6 - 10 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
Lilac Sunday Lilac
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous woody shrub.
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 - 10 feet.
- Spread8 - 10 feet.
- Spacing8 - 10 feet.
- Zones3 - 7.
- FoliageSmall, ovate to lanceolate, medium to dark green leaves. Foliage is resistant to mildew, a common problem with lilacs.
- Flower FormSmall flowers appear in panicles that can reach up to 2 feet long.
- ColorPurple blossoms.
- BloomsEarly to mid-Spring.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus-enriched soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningDeadhead spent blossoms and remove older and weaker branches. Prune after flowering, any early Spring pruning would remove potential blossoms, so prune after flowering.
- CommentsThis outstanding lilac is blessed with a number of superior qualities! It's gracefully arching branches create a distinctive cascade of blossoms, and it does it reliably each Spring. The fragrant flowers are borne in amazing abundance, and the foliage is resistant to mildew, that bane of lilacs. But what sets it apart is it's habit of blooming not just at the branch tips, but also from lateral buds produced up to 2 feet or more down the stems! Easy to grow in decent garden soil; once established, it needs little attention other than water during drought.
- Botanical NameSyringa x chinensis 'Lilac Sunday'
- DepthPlant at the same depth as it iis in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Trees & Shrubs|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.