- SKU: 96860
- For each offer ordered, get 3 plants
- Zones: 3 - 9 (-30° F.).
- Height: 6 - 12 inches.
- Light Required: Part shade to full shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure3 plants
- FormGroundcover, Herbaceous perennial.
- LightPart shade to full shade.
- Height6 - 12 inches.
- Spread9 - 12 inches.
- Spacing12 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.).
- FoliageWide, oval, medium to dark green leaves.
- Flower FormWhite bell-shaped blossoms.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, fertile soil; sandy loam to clay soil; neutral to slightly acidic soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsThis small group consists of deciduous, rhizomatous plants, which are native to the Northern temperate zones, such as Europe, Asia, and North America. These popular plants are commonly known as Lily-of-the-Valley. These plants are valued as a dense ground cover and for their strong fragrance. Will spread unrestrained. Therefore, make sure to plant them where they can spread freely or within the confines of a sidewalk or driveway. In late Spring, stalks containing numerous pendant, bell-shaped flowers with scalloped edges arise in the midst of the leaves. The sweet scent of these tiny flowers is so strong it literally floats on the breeze. Although most flowers of these plants are snow white, there is a double-flowered variety, a pink flowered variety, and one with variegated leaves. Liliy-of-the-Valley are traditionally used in wedding bouquets and make a lovely cut flower. They can even be forced to bloom indoors during the Winter.
- Botanical NameConvallaria majalis; Family: Liliaceae (Lily Family)
- HeaderFragrant Pick for Shady Spots
- DepthPlant so that the crown in at soil surface and the roots facing downward.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.