Big Blue Liriope
- SKU: 63024
- For each offer ordered, get 3 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Big Blue Liriope
- FormEvergreen perennial. Mounding/Fountain like habit.
- LightShade/Part sun/Full Sun
- Height15 - 20 inches.
- Spread15 - 24 inches.
- Spacing15 - 24 inches.
- Zones5 - 10
- FoliageTufts of slender grass-like leaves.
- Flower FormSmall spikes of blooms resembling grape hyacinths, but much smaller.
- ColorPurple-blue flowers.
- BloomsLate summer.
- FruitBlueish-black berries.
- Soil RequirementsTolerant of wide range of soils except extremely wet.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate growth rate.
- PruningCut back or mow down in the spring if the foliage has discolored over the winter. New growth will appear quickly.
- CommentsLiriope muscari is more clump forming with wider leaves and larger flowers than Liriope spicata. A tough plant that can be grown as an edging plant, groundcover, accent planting or in decorative containers for a patio or deck. Even dresses up spots under trees or shrubs.
- Botanical NameLiriope muscari 'Big Blue'
- DepthPlant in either sun or shade, Prefers light shade and rich soil of dry to average moisture. Place the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots do not
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.