Swiss Lucullus Chard
- SKU: 14560
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 200 seeds
Swiss Lucullus Chard
- FormAnnual. Upright.
- LightFull sun.
- Height24 - 30 inches.
- Spread8 - 10 inches.
- Spacing6 - 8 inches between plants and spaced 18 - 30 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageLight green deeply savoyed leaves with pale ivory stalks.
- FruitLight green, deeply savoyed, white veined, leaves. Long smooth stems with white, rounded mid-ribs.
- Germination7 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil.; pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 200 seeds per packet, approximately 1,475 seeds per 1 oz.
- CommentsOne of the earliest varieties of chard. Holds well after cutting. Tolerates hot weather. Grows until frost. Heavy yields. Never bolts.
- Yield75 pounds per100 foot row.
- Botanical NameBeta vulgaris var. cicla 'Lucullus'; Family: Chenopodiaceae (Goosefoot Family).
- Size12 inches x 2.5 inches with rounded mid-ribs.
- Depth1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity60 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.