- SKU: 65639
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- FormCompact shrubby tree, deciduous
- LightFull Sun;Partial Shade
- Height10 - 15 feet
- Spread8 - 12 feet
- Spacing10 - 12 feet
- FoliageOvate, medium green, leathery leaves, up to 6 inch (15 cm) long. Leaves emerge with copper-red tints and turn green over summer. Leaves turn yellow, bronze and copper tones in fall before dropping for winter.
- Flower Form7-9 inches (18-23 cm), cup-shaped, tuliplike flowers.
- BloomsMid spring. May rebloom in midsummer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organically-rich, acidic, moisture-retentive soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune to desired shape and to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering.
- CommentsAbsolutely gorgeous, tulip-like flowers of reddish-purple appear in mid spring, flowering after other varieties like Star Magnolia. Later blooms means less likely damage from a surprise frost and a healthier flowering.
- Botanical NameMagnolia 'Jane'
- DepthPlant so the roots are below the soil line.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.