- SKU: 70860
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
- LightFull sun.
- Height34 - 40 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing18 - 24 inches.
- Zones3 - 10 (-30° F.)
- FoliageDark green, alternate, simple, 3-4" long, often clasp the stem.
- Flower FormDaisy-like, cone-shaped center, surrounded by ray petals.
- ColorCarmine-purple, slightly reflexed petals surrounding purple-brown cone.
- BloomsMid summer to frost for several months
- Soil RequirementsWill tolerate most soil conditions including heavy clay, prefers well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDead-head. Remove spent flower heads to encourage repeat blooming.
- CommentsThis new and improved variety has large single flowers with distinctive seed heads, but the deep rose petals extend out not down. Grows up to 3' tall on sturdy stems, beautiful planted in masses or with Daisies, Black Eyed Susans and other summer perennials. Heat and drought tolerant. Named 1998 Perennial Plant of the Year! A plant with bold four-inch across magenta-rose flowers; petals horizontal, not pendulous. The plants hold the flowers well above the clean foliage, on stems that are plenty long for cutting. If faded flowers are cut back, additional blooms will be encouraged. But, if the seed heads are allowed to form, small seed-feeding birds such as finches will find their way to the plants and brighten the garden after the flowers have faded from memory.
- Botanical NameEchinacea purpurea 'Magnus'
- Size4 inch flowers.
- DepthPlant with crown about 1" below soil surface
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.