Major Wheeler Honeysuckle
- SKU: 71316
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 6 - 10 feet
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade. Likes partial shade in most regions except the far north, where it can enjoy full sun.
Major Wheeler Honeysuckle
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous woody vine - evergreen in the south.
- LightFull sun to partial shade. Likes partial shade in most regions except the far north, where it can enjoy full sun.
- Height6 - 10 feet
- Spread5 - 10 feet
- Spacing6 - 10 feet
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageThe leaves are borne in opposite pairs on the stems. Short, oblong to heart-shaped, medium green in color.
- Flower FormSmall tubular or funnel shaped flowers. No fragrance.
- ColorRed and gold blossoms.
- BloomsLate Spring to Fall.
- FruitSmall red berries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moderately fertile soil.
- Growth RateFast-growing vine.
- PruningPrune to shape in late Fall. after flowering. Pruning in late Winter or early Spring will remove flowers.
- CommentsFast vining plant perfect for growing over a fence post, trellis or arbor. This variety blooms all Summer and into Fall where most varieties only bloom for a few weeks. This variety also does not seem to be bothered by mildew which can plague other varieties.
- Botanical NameLonicera semperivirens 'Major Wheeler'
- HeaderIdeal Vine for Fences, Posts or Arbors
- DepthSet plant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.