$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- SKU: 66304
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height4-20 feet.
- Spread6-10 feet.
- Spacing8-10 feet.
- Zones4 - 8
- FoliageDeciduous, green foliage creates an attractive vine.
- FruitMale kiwis do not produce fruit. Only female kiwis produce fruit.
- Soil RequirementsAverage, well-drained soil. It is very important that the soil is well-drained because too much moisture can lead to root rot.
- Growth RateFast growing and vigorous.
- PruningPrune in late winter, when plant is dormant. Remove damaged and twisted wood.
- PollinatorBoth a female and male plant are necessary to produce fruit. One male kiwi can pollinate up to 6-8 female kiwi plants.
- CommentsDelicious for snacking, these grape-like kiwis have a smooth, green skin and a tropical flavor thats both tart and sweet! Vines spread 6-10 feet and reach 15-20 when fully mature. Males offer a striking ornamental foliage-both males and females are needed for fruit production. Just one male plant can pollinate up to five females. Potted.
- Botanical NameActinidia arguta Male
- DepthDig a hole twice the size of the pot the plant is in. Plant at the same depth as it was in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Fruits|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.