Mammoth Red Raspberry
- SKU: 80892
- For each offer ordered, get 1 no. 1 1-yr. plant
- Zones: 4 - 8 (-30° F.).
- Height: 6 - 8 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Mammoth Red Raspberry
- Unit of Measure 1 no. 1 1-yr. plant
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height6 - 8 feet.
- Spread4 - 6 feet.
- Spacing3 - 4 feet.
- Zones4 - 8 (-30° F.).
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- ColorWhite flowers.
- FruitVery large, red fruit up to 1 inch.
- Soil RequirementsOrganic, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningIn late Winter, early Spring, prune and thin your raspberry plants. Any time of the year, you can prune out dead or diseased canes.
- CommentsVery sweet and highly flavored. Thornless canes. Planting: In heavy clay, add 1/2 sand and 1/2 compost or composted manure. Crown should be at soil level. Prune dormant bareroot to 2 inches. If the plant is potted, no pruning is necessary when planting. Growth: Produces on one year old stems. Reduce old canes after they have produced, making room for new canes. In Summer, cut young canes back to 4 feet. Keep laterals to 2 - 3 feet. Needs supporting due to large crops of berries. RSETRICTED STATES: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 2 quarts.
- Botanical NameRubus idaeus var. strigosus 'Mammoth Red'
- Size1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- HeaderHuge Berries and Thornless Canes
- DepthSame as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.