$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Marathon Hybrid Broccoli
- SKU: 85024
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pkt of approx. 50 seeds
- Plants are not available in
Send me an email when this item is available
Marathon Hybrid Broccoli
- LightFull sun.
- Height24 - 30 inches
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing2 - 3 ft
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FruitLarge blue-green heads and tight, smooth flower head.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil.
- Seed CountApprox. 50 seeds.
- CommentsAn industry leader that does very well as a fall crop in the Southeast. Marathon is heat tolerant but unique because it keeps growing even in cooler temperatures, so it is perfect for a fall crop in the South. Start seed in September for December harvest. Fertilize when first head is cut to get more side shoots and an extended harvest. Also good for over-winter production in warmest zones where hard freezes are not common.
- Botanical NameBrassica oleracea
- DepthSow Broccoli Seeds 1/4" deep in seed starting formula, in a warm, well-lighted area about 5-7 weeks before planting outside.
- Days To Maturity97 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||6/18 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.