- SKU: 02169
- For each offer ordered, get 1 No. 1, 1-yr. plant
- FormA vigorously growing trailing vine.
- LightFull Sun
- Height5 - 6 feet
- Spread2 - 3 feet
- Spacing3 - 4 feet
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- FruitThe berry itself is glossy and, as with many blackberries, appears black on the plant, but turns a deep, dark purple when frozen and thawed. It is medium in size and tends to be conical, longer than it is wide. The berry has a somewhat tart flavor, fairly
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Grows well in a wide range of soils.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating
- CommentsVigorous trailing plants are a treat to the eye and the round fruits are a treat to the taste buds! Medium-large sized berries have a delicious sweet-tart flavor that is perfect for jams, jellies, freezing and fresh eating! Very rich in vitamins.
- YieldProlific. For the home grower, just one or two plants will produce plenty of berries through mid to late Summer.
- Botanical NameRubus L. subgenus Rubus
- DepthPlant with the crown at the soil line.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.