Mariposa Skies Reblooming German Iris
- SKU: 84614
- For each offer ordered, get 1 iris rhizome
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 33 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade. At least 6 hours of sunlight each day.
Send me an email when this item is available
Mariposa Skies Reblooming German Iris
- Unit of Measure1 iris rhizome
- FormRhizomatous perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade. At least 6 hours of sunlight each day.
- Height33 inches.
- Spread12 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 - 24 inches
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGlaucous-green, sword like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Flower FormFlowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards.
- ColorVery pale blue standards flushed with deep blue-violet at the midribs. Its medium blue-violet falls lighten at their margins, highlighted by gentle ruffling.
- BloomsEarly summer, reblooms late summer to fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6 inch fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
- CommentsLarge, ruffled flowers of pale blue and rich violet-blue open in abundance in late spring, then come again later in the summer. This is because Mariposa Skies is such a vigorous grower that it produces blooming size shoots during its growing season, not just from last year's growth. You'll get an added bonus of fragrance from these blooms, too!
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Mariposa Skies'
- HeaderBeautiful and Striking Color
- DepthOne inch deep. Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 6 hours of sun per day.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.