- SKU: 99553
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 9 (-40 degrees F)
- Height: 3 - 10 feet. Stout upright
- Light Required: Full sun
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormHerbaceous perennial, upright.
- LightFull sun
- Height3 - 10 feet. Stout upright
- Spread3 - 4 feet.
- Spacing2 - 3 feet.
- Zones3 - 9 (-40 degrees F)
- FoliageLeaves are 4 - 8 inches long, tapering at both ends, dark green.
- Flower Form2 - 3 inch daisy-like flowers.
- ColorYellow blossoms with golden yellow to brown centers.
- BloomsMid summer to frost.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil that is not too fertile.
- Growth RateFast growth rate.
- PruningIf you pinch off the growing tips when they are 3-4 feet tall you will get a shorter plant with more flowers.
- CommentsIts strong, very tall stems with the top portion covered in flowers make a bold statement wherever it's planted. Very long lived, tolerant of heat and drought, thriving in poor infertile soils. Provides good cover for birds and wildlife. Also food for birds late in the year.
- Botanical NameHelianthus maximilliani
- DepthPlant so the crown is below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.