- SKU: 66737
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormTender fruit.
- LightFull sun.
- Height8 - 10 feet if planted in containers; larger if grown in suitable climates directly in the ground.
- Spread3 - 4 feet in containers, 6 - 8 feet if grown in suitable climates directly in the ground.
- Spacing1 plant per pot. If planted in the ground in zones 8 - 10, space 20 feet apart.
- Zones8 - 10 (hardy to 10 degrees F.).
- FoliageLeathery, long leaves up to 3 inches long. Gray-green above and silvery-gray-green beneath foliage.
- Flower FormSmall blossoms develop in the axils of the alternate leaves.
- ColorCreamy white flowers.
- FruitSmall oblong, plum-like green fruit ripening to black. This is considered a medium-sized olive.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate..
- CommentsThe olive tree is a valued ornamental evergreen tree. Can become quite large in it's natural habitat (Southwest) with the trunk becoming intriguingly irregular and gnarled. The olive is self-fruitful and will bear small, plum-shaped, green fruit beginning in late Summer and ripening to black in early to mid-Fall.
- Botanical NameOleo europaea 'Manzillo' (the fruiting Olive).
- DepthPlant on the South or West side of a home or building. The warm wall will accelerate the ripening of the fruit.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Fruits|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.