Mega Gold Hybrid Sweet Pepper
Mega Gold Hybrid Sweet Pepper
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 10 seeds per pkt.
- LightFull sun.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread24 - 28 inches.
- Spacing12 - 24 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageGlossy green, typical of peppers.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- FruitLarge brilliant gold bells ripen from green to gold, 8 inch long fruit.
- Germination10 - 15 days at 70 - 95 degrees F.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, light, moderately fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count10 seeds per packet.
- PruningNone needed.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsMega-sized, up to 8 inch bells ripen from glossy green to golden with a flavor even sweeter than red bell peppers. We were looking for a pepper to replace Super Heavyweight, and we found it! In our trials Mega Gold Hybrid out yielded, out-sized and out-flavored Super Heavyweight.
- YieldVery high yields.
- Botanical NameCapsicum annuum '62704'
- HeaderA BIG Improvement Over Super Heavyweight!
- DepthPlant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Plants at the same depth as in the pot.
- Days To Maturity80 days from transplant.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.