Melon Gourmet Hybrid
- SKU: 09517
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 10 seeds
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 1 - 1.5 feet
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 5-10 days at 70 degree F soil temperature.
Melon Gourmet Hybrid
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 10 seeds
- LightFull sun.
- Height1 - 1.5 feet
- Spread3 - 12 feet
- Spacing3 - 4 plants per hill 4-6 feet apart or 1 foot apart in rows 5 feet apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageRough green foliage.
- Flower FormYellow flowers.
- Fruit3-4 lb. fruits with a distinctively sparse netting over the green and orange skin and deliciously sweet, creamy white flesh!
- Germination5-10 days at 70 degree F soil temperature.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers warm, well-drained, soil, high in organic matter with pH 6.5 to 7.5
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 10 seed per packet.
- Botanical NameCucumis melo 'Gourmet' Hybrid
- Depth1/2 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity75 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.