Melon Sugar Cube Hybrid
- SKU: 08800
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 10 seeds
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 1 - 1/2 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 3 - 10 days.
Melon Sugar Cube Hybrid
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 10 seeds
- FormClimbing vine, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height1 - 1/2 feet.
- Spread6 - 12 foot.
- Spacing12 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitSmall, round 2 lb. fruit. Juicy, deep orange flesh with 14% sugar content a small seed cavity.
- Germination3 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers warm, well-drained soil, high in organic matter with pH 6.5 to 7.5. Consistent, plentiful moisture needed until fruit is about the size of a tennis ball
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountItem 08800 - approximately 10 seeds per packet. 4464 - Approximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PollinatorPollinated by bees.
- CommentsThe most delicious variety in our 2013 melon trials also has the best disease resistance! Small, round 2-lb melons have deep orange flesh, a small seed cavity and high sugar content. This easy-to-grow variety produces high yields of uniform personal-sized melons with netted skin and no sutures. Excellent shelf life. 80 DAYS.
- YieldHigh yields.
- Botanical NameCucumis melo 'Sugar Cube'
- HeaderTasty and Easy to Grow
- Depth1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity80 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.