$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Sugar Cube Hybrid Melon
- SKU: 08800
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pkt of approx. 10 seeds
Sugar Cube Hybrid Melon
- FormClimbing vine, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height1 - 1/2 feet.
- Spread6 - 12 foot.
- Spacing12 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitSmall, round 2 lb. fruit. Juicy, deep orange flesh with 14% sugar content a small seed cavity.
- Germination3 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers warm, well-drained soil, high in organic matter with pH 6.5 to 7.5. Consistent, plentiful moisture needed until fruit is about the size of a tennis ball.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 10 seeds per packet.
- PruningNone needed.
- PollinatorPollinated by bees.
- CommentsThe most delicious variety in our 2013 melon trials also has the best disease resistance! Small, round 2-lb melons have deep orange flesh, a small seed cavity and high sugar content. This easy-to-grow variety produces high yields of uniform personal-sized melons with netted skin and no sutures. Excellent shelf life. 80 DAYS.
- YieldHigh yields.
- Botanical NameCucumis melo 'Sugar Cube'
- Depth1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity80 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||6/18 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.