Midnight Marvel Hibiscus
- SKU: 99529
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 4 - 9.
- Height: 48 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Midnight Marvel Hibiscus
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormHerbaceous perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height48 inches.
- Spread36 - 48 inches.
- Spacing36 - 48 inches.
- Zones4 - 9.
- FoliageRich purple maple leaf-like. To achieve the darkest color of the foliage, plant in full sun.
- Flower FormDisk-shaped flowers with 5 or more petals.
- ColorPure red flowers.
- BloomsMid Summer to mid Fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Will tolerate Clay soil; Loamy soil; Sandy soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate once established which takes about 4-6 weeks. Fast growth rate thereafter.
- PruningAfter blooming, cut the withered flower at the top of the stem to prevent seed production and encourage rebloom. Allow the leaves to wither and turn brown before removing them. The leaves provide nourishment for the plants.
- CommentsNothing makes a bold statement in your garden quite like the glorious hibiscus! Gorgeous purple lush foliage and enormous blooms in vibrant colours that are irresistible to hummingbirds and give you the look of the tropics at home! Hibiscus will bloom again and again during the season. Huge 8-9 inch flowers of pure red glow against the richest purple foliage in the genus. Hibiscus 'Midnight Marvel' PP24079.
- Botanical NameHibiscus 'Midnight Marvel' PP24079
- SizeLarge 8-9 inch flowers.
- HeaderHuge, Scarlet-Red Blooms
- DepthDig a hole twice as wide and twice as deep as the root. Holding the roots with one hand, suspend them in the planting hole at the proper depth. Fill in and around the roots with soil until the hole is completely filled. Tamp the soil with your hand to remove air pockets. Create a "saucer" around the
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.