Miss Kim Lilac
- SKU: 62266
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
Send me an email when this item is available
Miss Kim Lilac
- FormUpright, rounded
- LightFull Sun
- Height3 - 5 feet
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Zones3 - 8
- FoliageDeciduous, elliptic, acuminate leaves 2-5 inches long, 1/2-2 inches wide. Green foliage turns burgundy in fall.
- Flower Form4-6-inch long, loose lilac-purple single flowers. Panicles often grow in pairs.
- ColorRich purple-pink buds burst open, revealing gorgeous lavender flower panicles.
- BloomsLate Spring/Early Summer (May-June)
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, average soil. Does not like areas that retain water. Does not like wet soil.
- Growth RateSlow to medium once established, which takes approximatley 6- 8 weeks.
- PruningRemove suckers that grow from the base of the plant. After flowering in spring, remove spent flowerheads and damaged branches to keep the plant clean, and prune to maintain the desired shape.
- CommentsLovely fragrance in a compact, full shrub! Single, delicate clusters of purple flowers produce a powerful fragrance your neighbors will envy. Growing to a height of 4-5 feet, this shrub maintains a compact habit, making it perfect for any garden. It is an excellent, hardy and trouble-free standard well-suited for tight areas.
- Botanical NameSyringa pubescens subsp. patula 'Miss Kim'
- DepthDig a hole twice as deep and twice as wide as the container. Place the plant at the same level it is growing in the pot. Firm soil around the base of the plant and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.