- SKU: 70180
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 7 (-30° F.).
- Height: 20 - 25 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height20 - 25 feet.
- Spread20 - 30 feet.
- Zones3 - 7 (-30° F.).
- FoliageGreen to yellow.
- Flower Form3 - 4 inch clursters.
- BloomsMay-early June.
- FruitAttractive orange/red clusters of berries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained acidic soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate, 1 - 1.5 feet per year.
- PruningPrune while tree is in a dormant state. Prune out damaged or dead branches any time.
- PollinatorNone required.
- CommentsMust have well-drained soil. Short lived, 25 - 50 years. Excessive Summer heat can cause some problems.
- Botanical NameSorbus aucuparia
- Size1/4 inch.
- HeaderSmall Shade Tree with Attractive Berries
- DepthPlant at stain on trunk.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.