Mountain Spring Hybrid Tomato
- SKU: 86925
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 15 seeds per packet
- Plants are not available in
Mountain Spring Hybrid Tomato
- FormBush-type tomato.
- LightFull sun.
- Height4 ft.
- Spread3 ft.
- Spacing3 ft
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageTypical tomato leaf.
- Flower Formsmall yellow flowers
- Fruitsmooth and globe-shaped, and typically reaches a weight of about 9 ounces. With a deep red color, both externally and internally.
- Germination6-12 days at 75 - 85 degrees F
- Soil RequirementsWell drained soil high in organic matter. Can tolerate acid soil as low as 5.5 but prefer 6.0-6.8 range.
- Seed CountApprox. 15 seeds per packet.
- PruningFor better air circulation under the plant trim the bottom 16" of each plant of all stems and suckers other than 4-5 main stems. This will help to reduce the relative humidity around the base of the plants.
- CommentsIn spite of its name, Mountain Spring is on the recommended list of 10 Southeastern states. Excellent flavor and processes well for canning. Good leaf coverage of fruit to protect fruit from sun scald. High-quality fruit with high tolerance to cracking, very attractive uniform appearance. Excellent resistance to Fol, S, Ss, V. Determinate. Released by North Carolina State University.
- DepthSow seeds indoors 6 to 8 weeks before transplanting outside. Plant 1/8 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity70 days from transplant.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.