Mountain Sweet Yellow
- SKU: 67872
- For each offer ordered, get 2 oz. per pkt.
- Zones: 3-9 (Annual)
- Height: 8-10 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun
- Germination: 3 - 10 days
Mountain Sweet Yellow
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure2 oz. per pkt.
- FormVine, annual.
- LightFull sun
- Height8-10 inches.
- Spread8-10 feet.
- Spacing1 inch deep, 4 - 5 to a hill, spacing hills 6 feet apart. When seedlings grow 2 - 3 inches tall, thin to 2 plants per hill.
- Zones3-9 (Annual)
- FoliageGreen, typical watermelon foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitDeep yellow, sugary sweet, very firm flesh, with black seeds. High sugar content. Oblong shape. Dark green rind with light green stripes. 20-35 lbs.
- Germination3 - 10 days
- Soil RequirementsLight, rich, sandy, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsBeautiful deep, rich yellow flesh, dotted with black seeds, has a pleasingly firm texture and delightfully sweet flavor. An excellent choice for fresh markets, as it is not only beautiful and delicious, but also very productive and reliable. This variety performs well in the north, as it comes from the very popular Mountain Sweet that was a favorite in the Northeast in the 1800's
- YieldHigh yields
- Botanical NameCitrullus lanatus 'Mountain Sweet'
- HeaderLarge, Sweet Yellow That's Very Productive
- Depth1 - 1 1/2 inches.
- Days To Maturity90 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.