- SKU: 09436
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 100 seeds
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormVining, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- HeightCan grow up to 10 feet.
- Spread9 - 12 inches.
- Spacing9 - 12 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageBright green leaves.
- Flower FormLittle yellow flowers.
- FruitMiniature oval melons (about the size of a large grape) look like tiny watermelons and are surprisingly crunchy, with a refreshing tart taste.
- Germination5 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 100 seeds per packet.
- PruningRemove dying leaves to allow good air circulation when the plants get really thick.
- PollinatorMale and female flowers on the same vine (like cucumbers) need insects to pollinate.
- CommentsIts very attractive ornamental vines are ideal for growing on a trellis. Mouse Melons (also known as Mexican Sour Gherkins) are virtually carefree, have good disease resistance, extremely high yields and are extremely easy-to-grow.
- Botanical NameMelothria scabra
- Depth1/2 - 1 inch.
- Days To Maturity60 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.