$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Multi Blue Clematis
- Blooms in late spring and late summer
- 4-5 inch flowers
- Range of blue and violet hues
- Ideal for climbing fence, trellis or arbor
- Can be grown in a container
- SKU: 63310
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Multi Blue Clematis
- FormDeciduous vine.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height5 - 6 feet
- Spread3 - 4 feet
- Spacing3 - 4 feet
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageOpposite compound dark green in spring and summer, yellow in fall. Leaflets lanceolate to ovate 1-2" long. Bronze colored when young.
- Flower FormDouble ring of sepals 3"- 5" flowers.
- ColorOften lilac-blue when young. Later turning deep violet-blue outer petals with central cluster of smaller, pale blue petals.
- BloomsLate Spring to early Summer and again in late Summer.
- Soil RequirementsHumus rich, well-drained, alkaline soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningFlowers on last year's wood and new wood. Only after blossoming prune lightly and not too frequently.
- CommentsCompact-growing rebloomer offers multiple seasons of color! Abundant, double blooms burst forth in lilac hues in late spring to early summer. Blooms last up to three months. A second round in late summer allows the color to continue into fall. Flowers are 3-4" wide and petals form double rings of sepals. Compact growth. Tolerates full sun but performs best in light shade. Grows 5-6' tall.Blooms With: First flush of Roses, Lilies, later spring blooming shrubs, perennials like Golden Marguerite, Bearded Irises, Centaurea Montana and Hardy Geraniums. Type of Fruit: Achene with feathery style - attractive. Abundant, violet-blue blossoms, with a compact growth habit. Tolerates full sun but does best in light shade. Easily clambers over trellises, decorative vine supports or fences. Blooms on old and new wood giving a full Summer of possible color.
- Botanical NameClematis 'Multi Blue'
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.