Murasaki Sweet Potato
- SKU: 02604
- For each offer ordered, get 12 plants
- Zones: 4 - 9 annual.
- Height: 12 - 18 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
Murasaki Sweet Potato
- Unit of Measure12 plants
- FormAnnual vine.
- LightFull Sun.
- Height12 - 18 inches.
- Spread4 - 6 foot vine.
- Spacing12 - 15 inches apart in rows 3 - 4 feet apart.
- Zones4 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitPurple skin, white flesh.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam soil. pH 5.0 - 6.5.
- Growth RateRapid growth in warm soils.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsThis purple skinned, dry white fleshed Japanese sweet potato will be a standout in your garden. Has a distinct nutty sweet flavor. Resistant to Fusarium root rot and Southern root knot nematode. Contains lots of fiber and vitamin C.
- YieldModerate growth rate.
- Botanical NameIpomoea batatas 'Murasaki'
- HeaderExcellent Combination of Flavor and Nutrition
- Depth3 - 4 inches of stem in the ground of a plant that is 6 - 9 inches long.
- Days To Maturity100 days after planting.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.