Mystic's Muse German Iris
- SKU: 66561
- For each offer ordered, get 1 iris rhizome
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 36 inches
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Mystic's Muse German Iris
- Unit of Measure1 iris rhizome
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height36 inches
- Spread18 to 24 inches
- Spacing15 to 18 inches
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGlaucous-green sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Flower FormFlowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards. Ruffled.
- ColorSeashell pink sirens. Bright tangerine beards enliven the petals' bright pink shading.
- BloomsEarly, Mid and Late Spring.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6 inch fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
- CommentsDressed to Impress in Pink Ruffles! This iris is sure to amaze no matter where it's planted. Mid- to late-spring displays of Mystic's Muse fill the landscape with ruffled blooms of the prettiest seashell pink color we've seen. Each flower features bold tangerine-orange beards that add so much style and flair to the garden.
- Botanical NameIris Germanica 'Mystic's Muse'
- HeaderDressed to Impress in Pink Ruffles!
- DepthSet rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.