Nanking Bush Cherry
Nanking Bush Cherry
- Unit of Measure3 plants
- FormDeciduous. Rounded.
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 - 8 feet.
- Spread7 feet.
- Spacing6 - 8 feet.
- Zones2 - 8
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- Flower FormYes
- ColorWhite or pinkish.
- Fruit1/2 inch, short-stemmed, red fruit.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, sandy, organic loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- CommentsThrives almost anywhere. Usually bears the first year if planted early enough. Tart, tangy flavor like that of sour cherries. Holds well on the plant 2 to 3 weeks after ripening. Attracts birds and other wildlife. Heavy crops. Sour and bush cherries will tolerate heavier soils. Cherries do not like wet feet. Do not soak trees for over 24 hours prior to planting. If fertilizing, only use a slow release fertilizer.
- YieldUp to 8 quarts at maturity.
- Botanical NamePrunus tomentosa 'Nanking'
- Size1/2 inch blossoms.
- HeaderSets Fruit its First Year
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.