- SKU: 74033
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 4-5 feet
- Light Required: Full sun
- Plants are not available in FL MA SC
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- LightFull sun
- Height4-5 feet
- Spread3-4 feet
- Spacing3-4 feet apart.
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- FruitLarge, elongated, sweet, glossy black berries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, moist soil. 5.5- 6.8 pH.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningAt the end of each year, prune out the floricanes, which were the branches that flowered and fruited that season. The next year, the previous season's primocanes will be floricanes, flowering and fruiting-and the cycle continues. As a reminder to you as to which canes flowered and fruited, tie a string or ribbon around them to know which canes to remove at the end of that season. Rule of thumb: If the cane/limb hasn't flowered, DO NOT cut if off. Summer tipping (trimming off the tips of the cane
- CommentsThornless plants produce high yields of glossy, large, elongated berries in early summer. Sweet berries are perfect for snacking or in jams, jellies and juice. Seli-erect plants exhibit strong disease resistance-making them an excellent choice for home gardeners. Grows 4-5 feet tall. Self pollinating.
- Botanical NameRubus fruticosus "Natchez" PP20891
- HeaderHigh Yields Early in Season
- DepthDig a hole twice as big as the root system. Plant so that all roots are firmly in the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.