North Star Pie Cherry Tree
North Star Pie Cherry Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Spreading.
- LightFull sun.
- Height10 - 12 feet.
- Spread12 - 15 feet.
- Spacing10 - 12 feet.
- Zones4 - 8 (-20° F.).
- FoliageDark, shiny green foliage.
- Flower FormYes
- FruitLarge fruit with thin, light red skin, red flesh, and red juice.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, sandy, organic loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- CommentsPie cherry. Holds flavor during processing. Small, free pit. Extra-hardy, reliable and attractive. Fruit will retain quality on the tree up to 2 weeks after ripening. Fruit is crack resistant. Vigorous tree which bears heavy crops often in the second year. CHERRIES DO NOT LIKE WET FEET. DO NOT SOAK TREES FOR OVER 24 HOURS, PRIOR TO PLANTING. IF FERTILIZING WHEN PLANTING, ONLY USE A SLOW RELEASE FERTILIZER.
- YieldApproximately 1/2 - 1 bushel at maturity.
- Botanical NamePrunus cerasus 'North Star'
- Size1/2 inch blossoms.
- HeaderBears Big, Juicy Fruit
- DepthPlant with graft union 2 inches above the soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.