Nugget Hops Vine
- SKU: 10976
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- This item is not available in CT IA ID MN OR WA
Nugget Hops Vine
- FormHerbaceous perennial. Vining
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- HeightVine grows 20 - 25 feet annually.
- Spacing8 feet between mature vines.
- Zones2 - 9.
- FoliageGreen foliage in Summer, yellow-green foliage in Fall.
- ColorPale yellow.
- BloomsLate Summer.
- FruitBears pale, aromatic hops that look like fuzzy catkins.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained, organic, damp soil.
- Growth RateFast growing perennial vine.
- CommentsTrain to a fence or trellis. Vine grows 20 - 25 feet in one season. Planting depth: Make trench 6 inches deep, plant on side, cover with 2 inches of soil. Fill in trench as vine grows. All female vines. Variety is 3 - 4 times more bitter than most hop vines. Special considerations:--Water regularly to keep soil moist, not wet. Will not thrive in dry locations. Water deep once a week; more in hot, dry windy conditions. Winter hardy in Northern climates, yet it is best to apply a layer of mulch in mid to late Fall for extra Winter protection. The pale-yellow hops gives home brews authentic Old World flavor to beer and ale. Collect mature cones in the Fall and hang to dry. Cut vines down to the ground in late Fall.
- YieldMostly ornamental.
- Botanical NameHumulus lupulus 'Golden Nugget'
- DepthSee Comments.
- Days To MaturityRipens August - September.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.