O'Henry Sweet Potato
- SKU: 71538
- For each offer ordered, get 1 set of 12 plants
O'Henry Sweet Potato
- FormAnnual, Spreading vine.
- LightFull sun.
- Height12 inches.
- Spread6 - 12 feet.
- Spacing12 - 18 inches apart in rows that are 3 feet apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- ColorFlower color violet-pale pink. Tuber color cream-tan.
- FruitTan skin, creamy gold flesh.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil with some organic matter.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsQuick maturing. Extremely high yields and little cracking. Fertilize prior to planting and 3 - 4 weeks after. Cultivate to keep vines from rooting where they touch the ground. Harvest immediately if nipped by frost in the Fall. Cure 6 - 8 days at 85 F and 90% humidity after harvest. Store at 55 - 60 degrees F. and 85% humidity.
- YieldHeavy yields.
- Botanical NameIpomoea batatas 'O'Henry'
- DepthSet plants 2 inches deep into the soil, firm and water well.
- Days To Maturity100 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||5/13/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/15/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||6/3/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.