Olympic Giant Asian Pear Tree
Olympic Giant Asian Pear Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Upright and at maturity semi-spreading.
- LightFull sun.
- Height16 - 18 feet.
- Spread14 feet.
- Spacing14 - 16 feet.
- Zones5 - 8 (-10° F.).
- FoliageLarge waxy dark green leaves, reddish-orange in Fall.
- Flower FormWhite, small blossoms.
- ColorBrown russet.
- BloomsEarly - mid season.
- FruitLarge, (3+ inches) super sweet, crisp and very juicy fruit. Excellent keeping quality. Can hold their flavor for up to six months in storage.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, medium fertile soil.
- Growth RateVigorous growth reate.
- PruningAnnual thinning of fruit.
- PollinatorHoneysweet, Bartlett, Ornamental pear- i.e Bradford, Cleveland.
- CommentsHeavy annual thinning of fruit is required to attain decent fruit quality. Fruit has long storage; 6 months in common refrigeration. Tree has excellent resistance to disease and many insects, so it is considered to be a no-spray pear.
- YieldApproximately 3 - 5 bushels at maturity.
- Botanical NamePyrus serotina hybrid
- HeaderHuge Fruits, Great Quality!
- DepthPlant so graft is 2 inches above the soil line.
- Days To Maturity170 - 180 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.