$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Yellow Onion Set
- Produce green onions in 2-4 weeks
- Mature onions are good for cooking
- Easy to grow
- Grow best in well-drained soil
- Store well
- SKU: 75769
- For each offer ordered, get 80 ct. Set
- This item is not available in ID WA
Yellow Onion Set
- LightFull sun
- Height6 - 10 inches
- Spread6 - 9"
- Spacing4 - 5 inches
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageStrap-like green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall flowers form balls on the tips of the flowering stems.
- BloomsJune through frost
- FruitMedium-large, yellow onions with a good, pungent flavor.
- Germination7-10 days
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Likes loamy, sandy soils.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningNone needed
- CommentsEnjoy fresh, delicious onions all year round by growing your own from our quality onion sets. Plant as soon as the ground is workable in the spring, in nitrogen-rich, well-drained soil. Onions are ready to harvest when the tops turn brown and begin to fall over. Store in a cool, dry place. Outstanding in the kitchen. Stuttgarter is a mild yellow onion that is smooth in flavor, making it ideal for sautÃ©ing, grilling and cooking. Also fantastic sliced raw in salads or on sandwiches. An excellent keeper, Stuttgarter may be enjoyed months after harvest. Slow to bolt in the garden. Bulbs are slightly flattened and uniform in size. An excellent choice for the home gardener.
- Botanical NameAllium cepa
- Depth2 inches
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Vegetable Plants & Starts|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.