Orange Trumpet Vine
- SKU: 71320
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 4 - 9 (-20° F.)
- Height: 25 - 30 feet
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade. (8 - 10 hours of direct sun for best flowering)
Orange Trumpet Vine
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- LightFull sun to partial shade. (8 - 10 hours of direct sun for best flowering)
- Height25 - 30 feet
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Spacing6 - 8 feet
- Zones4 - 9 (-20° F.)
- FoliageLoses leaves in Fall.
- Flower FormLong Trumpets - in terminal clusters.
- ColorBright orange and scarlet - 2 - 3 inches wide.
- BloomsEarly Summer to frost.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow first season while establishing, fast thereafter.
- PruningPrune to control or shape. Pruning at the wrong time can lead to trumpet vine, no blooms. Trumpet vine blooming occurs on new growth of the current year. If pruning is needed on the plant, do it in winter or early spring, then allow new growth to be undisturbed to get the trumpet vine blooming.
- CommentsMix peat moss, compost or well-rotted manure into the soil to help improve drainage. Cut shoots that bore flowers every Fall. Cut back lateral growth to 2 - 3 buds in late Fall. Leaves and flowers may cause dermatitis if handled. Attracts hummingbirds. Clinging vine that is excellent for use on any rough surface such as brick, wood or a telephone pole.
- Botanical NameCampsis radicans
- HeaderHummingbirds Love It!
- DepthPlant so top of root ball is even with soil surface. Water well after planting
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.