- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormErect canes - upright.
- LightFull sun
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing3 feet
- Zones5 - 9
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- Flower FormWhite blossoms.
- FruitFirm, high quality, 1 X 3/4 inch/6-6.5 grams, glossy black berries, ripens early.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, slightly acidic moist soil, 5.5- 6.8 pH.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningIn late Winter, early Spring, prune and thin your blackberry plants. Any time of the year, you can prune out dead or diseased canes.
- CommentsEnjoy consistent yields of large, extra sweet berries, easily harvested off of thornless, fully erect canes. Ripens early, in mid to late June, and fruiting extends for five weeks giving you more time to enjoy delicious fresh fruit! Highly disease resistant. 1-year bareroot.
- YieldApproximately 4 - 6 quarts.
- Botanical NameRubus x 'Ouachita'
- Size1/4 inch blossoms.
- HeaderHuge Annual Production of Super-Sweet Berries!
- DepthSame depth as they were in the nursery. Plant so the roots are below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.