Ozark Beauty Strawberry
- SKU: 70844
- For each offer ordered, get 6 potted plants
- Zones: 4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- Height: 8 - 10 inches
- Light Required: Full sun
Ozark Beauty Strawberry
- Unit of Measure6 potted plants
- LightFull sun
- Height8 - 10 inches
- Spread8 - 12 inches
- Spacing12 - 24 inches.
- Zones4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- FoliageRich, thick green foliage.
- Flower FormWhite blossoms.
- BloomsMay - August
- FruitLarge, firm, wedge-shaped, long-necked berries up to 4 inches; bright red fruit inside and out.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRoot only 5 or 6 runners from each plant and remove the rest. Arrange the runners to the ground and plant and remove the rest. Arrange the runners so they're about 6 inches apart. Everbearers should not bear fruit with the first flush of flowers since they need their strength to establish the main plant and to sprout runners. Pinch or cut off the first flowers that form, allowing the flowers later in the season to produce fruit.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsOur favorite, popular everbearer is famous for its large yields of bright red, unusually large berries. Ozark Beauty plants set delicious fruit from June through September. Everbearing strawberries deliver fruit all Summer, with a large initial harvest and a steady crop the rest of the season. Like Junebearers, they are very easy to grow and will do well most anywhere. Plant both Junebearers and Everbearers for a constant supply of fresh fruit. High sugar content. Thrives in any soil. Unusually vigorous plants with a deep root system. Resistant to leaf spot and leaf scorch. Especially good for the North and in Southern mountain states.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 2 pints.
- Botanical NameFragaria ananassa 'Ozark Beauty'
- Size1/2 + inch flowers.
- HeaderPopular, Prolific and Disease Resistant
- DepthSet with crowns just below soil level (where the roots meet the leaves).
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.