Pacemaker III Hybrid Beet
- SKU: 84564
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 400 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 12 inches
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 5 - 17 days.
Send me an email when this item is available
Pacemaker III Hybrid Beet
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 400 seeds per packet
- LightFull sun.
- Height12 inches
- Spread3 - 4 inches
- Spacing3-4 inches between plants; 12-24 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageElegant ruby-veined tops.
- Fruit Medium-to large-sized beets boast deep red color throughout; resist "zoning" (alternating white and red rings induced by high heat in most beet varieties). Excellent flavor and crisp texture.
- Germination5 - 17 days.
- Soil Requirementsdeep, rich, sandy; pH 7.0
- Seed Count@400 seeds per packet. 1 oz of beet seeds contains about 1200 seeds and sows a 100 ft row.
- CommentsSlow to bolt, making it a good choice in most of the South, including all regions of Texas, from the hot and humid southeast to the hot and dry West.
- Botanical NameBeta vulgaris 'Pacemaker III'
- HeaderResists zoning and bolting.
- Depth1/4-1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity55 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.