Daylily Pandora's Box
- SKU: 72027
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Height: 24 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Daylily Pandora's Box
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 inches.
- Spread14 - 16 inches.
- Spacing15 - 20 inches.
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageStrap-like, medium green foliage. Semi-evergreen (South/lower parts stay green; North foilage dies back.).
- Flower FormRound and flat form, ruffled blossoms. Fade resistant and may rebloom later in the season. 16 inch tall stems.
- ColorRich, cream petals and a striking violet-purple eye and a bright green throat.
- BloomsEarly to late summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow while establishing, fast thereafter.
- PruningRemove spent flowers to encourage rebloom throughout the Summer.
- CommentsGardeners love this daylily for its clean, bright flowers and contrasting, dark purple eyes, its neat mound of foliage and delicious aroma! Individual blooms are not huge, but there are so many it creates an extremely showy plant. Its strong fragrance can be enjoyed when planted near an entrance or patio. 4" blooms on 20-24" stems. Award of Merit 1987. Low-growing, creamy flowers with a vibrant maroon eye. Blooms nonstop during June and July. Evergreen growing 18 - 20 inches tall.
- Botanical NameHemerocallis 'Pandora's Box'; Family: Liliaceae (Lily Family)
- Size4 inch blossoms.
- HeaderFlowers Stay Open for 16 Hours or More!
- DepthDig 8 " x 8 " hole. Make cone shape with soil and spread roots over it, placing crown 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.