Patterson Hybrid Onion
- SKU: 70061
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 100 seeds per pkt.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 6-10 inches
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 7 - 10 days at 70 degrees F
- Plants are not available in ID WA
Send me an email when this item is available
Patterson Hybrid Onion
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 100 seeds per pkt.
- LightFull sun.
- Height6-10 inches
- Spread3-5 inches
- Spacing5 - 6 inches between plants.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageGreen tubular foliage
- Fruit4 oz hard yellow storage onions.
- Germination7 - 10 days at 70 degrees F
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil.
- Seed CountApprox. 100 seeds.
- CommentsThis sweet, firm onion has straw-colored skin and yellowish flesh that matures into a very uniform shape and size. Similar to Copra, yet slightly larger with an overall higher-yield, Patterson has an extremely long shelf life allowing for months of fresh, flavorful eating!
- Botanical NameAllium cepa 'Patterson'
- HeaderThe Longest Storing Onion
- DepthSeeds: 1/2 inch. Start seed indoors, in late Winter, 8 - 10 weeks before setting outdoors. Set outdoors as soon as the soil can be worked. Plant 1 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity104 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.