- SKU: 70114
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5 - 9 (-10° F.).
- Height: 15 - 30 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormSmall deciduous tree, rounded.
- LightFull sun.
- Height15 - 30 feet.
- Spread15 - 25 feet.
- Spacing15 - 20 feet.
- Zones5 - 9 (-10° F.).
- FoliageDeep green, drooping, oval leaves, 4 x 12 inches.
- Flower FormTulip-shaped; fragrant.
- ColorPurple flowers.
- FruitGreenish-yellow, almost black when ripe.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained, organic, slightly acidic soil. pH of 5.5 - 7.0.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate. Approximately 2 feet per year.
- PruningYou can prune them back to about a meter high and they will then throw several new branches from below the cut. Each branch will bear fruit and, provided that you fertilize the tree well, the fruit will be of a good size. You can repeat the pruning on each of the branches once they again become too tall to harvest easily.
- PollinatorPlant 2 - 3 plants to ensure pollination. Pawpaw trees are not self fertile. Pollen must be transferred to the female flowers of a different Pawpaw tree. The more trees that are planted in a grouping the better pollination, resulting in better fruit produ
- CommentsGrowing 15-30 feet tall, pawpaws make attractive specimen trees with a pyramidal shape and big, tropical-looking leaves that put on a spectacular golden show in the fall. The 3-5 inch fruits will darken in late summer-thats when the luscious flavor is at its peak! Uncommon despite its native status, ripe pawpaws have a short shelf life, making them difficult to sell.
- Botanical NameAsimina triloba; Family: Annonaceae (Custard Apple Family)
- HeaderFresh Banana Custard Flavor!
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.