Pee Wee Hydrangea
- SKU: 87501
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 6-9
- Height: 2-4 feet
- Light Required: Shade to part shade
Send me an email when this item is available
Pee Wee Hydrangea
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormUpright, broad-rounded, suckering, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub
- LightShade to part shade
- Height2-4 feet
- Spread2.5 - 3 feet
- FoliageDistinctive, deeply-lobed, somewhat coarse, deep green, oak-like leaves (to 5" long) turn attractive shades of bronze, maroon and purple in autumn. Mature stems exfoliate to reveal a rich brown inner bark which is attractive in winter.
- Flower FormElongated, pyramidal panicles of mostly sterile flowers appear in early summer
- ColorInitial flowers are white changing to a pleasing rose-pink as the season changes to fall.
- BloomsLate May for 8-10 weeks
- FruitCup-like capsular fruit
- Soil RequirementsRich, medium moisture, well-drained soils
- PruningBloom occurs on old wood. Prune if needed immediately after flowering (little pruning is usually needed). Winter damaged stems may be pruned in early spring.
- CommentsThis well-behaved plant is unique in that all of its parts (leaves, flowers, stems) are small and in proportion to each other, making it a true dwarf. Does well in shade or partial shade. Blooms for 8-10 weeks beginning in late May. Very attractive orange, red and purple fall leaf colors. Initial flowers are white changing to a pleasing rose-pink as the season changes to fall. Mature at 2-4'. Potted. Zones 6-9.
- Botanical NameHydrangea quercifolia 'Pee Wee'
- HeaderColor changes with seasons.
- DepthSet so roots are at or just below soil level. Firm and water in well.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.