- SKU: 74091
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 8 (-30° F.)
- Height: 30-36 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormHerbaceous peony.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height30-36 inches.
- Spread30-36 inches.
- Spacing3 feet.
- Zones3 - 8 (-30° F.)
- FoliageDark shiny lobed leaves with strong stems.
- Flower FormFully double, rose-type blooms which stays upright and resists fading for a long time.
- BloomsEarly Summer. Blooms With: German Iris, Poppies, Siberian Iris, Bleeding Hearts.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil, likes fertile conditions, use well-rotted manure with planting mix.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate growth.
- PruningRemove spent flowers after blooming. Cut foliage to the ground (and remove from the garden) in Fall after heavy frost.
- CommentsGood variety for the South. Very long lived perennial that never needs dividing. Mulch first Winter after planting. Do not cut over half of the flowers and always leave plenty of leaves on the plant.
- Botanical NamePaeonia 'Kansas'
- Depth1 1/2 inches below soil with eyes facing upward.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.