Sweet Perpertual Chard
- SKU: 72963
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 200 seeds
Sweet Perpertual Chard
- LightFull Sun
- Height12-18 inches.
- Spread12-15 inches.
- Spacing12 - 15 inches between plants and spaced 24 - 30 inches between rows.
- Zones3-9 (Annual)
- FoliageSmooth, dark green leaves look similar to spinach leaves-and taste similar to spinach. Slender, light green stalks.
- Germination7-10 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil; pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 200 seeds per packet.
- PruningRemove leaves as desired and enjoy yields all summer.
- CommentsLooks and tastes more like spinach! Smooth, dark green leaves have nice flavor and are rich in antioxidants. Extremely resistant to bolting, much slower to bolt than spinach, allowing for a long harvest season. Its high resistance to bolting makes it a great choice for southern gardens. Enjoy through the summer and into fall.
- YieldGreat yields.
- Botanical NameBeta vulgaris 'Perpetual'
- Depth1 inch.
- Days To Maturity50 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.