Fuyu Jiro Persimmon
- One of the best for fresh eating
- Red-orange, sweet fruits
- Fruits ripen in late fall
- Great yields
- SKU: 63256
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- This item is not available in CA
Fuyu Jiro Persimmon
- FormUpright, spreading.
- LightFull Sun
- Height20-30 feet
- Spread10-15 feet
- Spacing10-15 feet
- FoliageDeciduous. Attractive green foliage turns brilliant orange-red in fall.
- FruitLarge, round, reddish-orange fruit, slightly flattened, with sweet, firm, orange flesh. Non-astringent, one of the very best for fresh eating. Does not have male flowers. It will not have seeds unless planted with other varieties.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained, loamy soil. Does not like wet conditions.
- PollinatorPollinator not needed.
- CommentsThis is one of the very best for fresh eating! Enjoy beautiful, reddish-orange, sweet fruit that can be eaten like an apple. This non-astringent persimmon can be eaten when a little firm, but is at its very best when allowed to soften a little. Ripens in late fall, with the fruit hanging from bare stems. Bears at a young age and is very productive. Not only is its fruit delicious, but it also adds ornamental value to the landscape with its brilliant fall foliage in shades of orange and red. Requires less than 200 chill hours. Tolerant of heat and humidity.
- YieldVery productive, great yields.
- Botanical NameDiospyros kaki Fuyu (Jiro)
- DepthDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Plant at the same level it was in the nursery. A line should be visible that shows the depth.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.