Ping Tung Long Eggplant
- SKU: 87385
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 30 seeds per packet.
- Plants are not available in
Ping Tung Long Eggplant
- FormUpright plants.
- LightFull sun.
- Height3 - 4 feet.
- Spread24 to 36 inches.
- Spacing24 to 36 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageGreen leaves.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- Fruit12-18 inches long glossy purple-red fruit with green calyx.
- Germination7 - 14 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, enriched soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 30 seeds per packet.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsA wonderful heirloom eggplant from Ping Tung, Taiwan. A non-stop producer of fruits that are up to 18" long and 2" in diameter. Never bitter. No skinning necessary. Very dependable, even in Zone 9 heat. Excellent mild flavor is sweet enough to go straight into any dish without pre-salting.
- Botanical NameSolanum melongena 'Ping Tung Long'
- DepthLightly cover seeds.
- Days To Maturity65 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.