Pink Lemonade Blueberry
- SKU: 39858
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 4 - 8
- Height: 4 - 5 feet
- Light Required: Full sun
- Plants are not available in CA
Send me an email when this item is available
Pink Lemonade Blueberry
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun
- Height4 - 5 feet
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Zones4 - 8
- FoliageGlossy green and lanceolate, with serrated leaf margins.
- Flower FormUrn shaped, 1/3 inch loose blossoms in clusters.
- ColorWhite flowers, tinged with pink.
- BloomsMid Spring
- FruitFruit ripening occurs mid-late season with moderate yields of medium-sized, glossy, firm bright pink fruit with a mild flavor.
- Soil RequirementsAcidic (pH 4.5 - 5.5) peat or sandy soil that is moist, but well-drained.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune in late Winter when dormant or early Autumn to prevent bleeding of sap. Prune to remove crossed or damaged limbs.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating, but does best when planted with another rabbiteye cultivar.
- CommentsThe first ever pink blueberry! 'Pink Lemonade' offers four season interest. In the Spring, the shrub sports pinkish-white showy bell-shaped flowers. The fruits are pale greenish at first, then dappled pink, and finally develop a deep pink color indicating a ripened fruit. In Fall the leaves turn a bright orange fading to deep red. Winter time twigs are dusky reddish-brown. Any unharvested fruit supplies sustaining food to songbirds and other wildlife. Medium-sized, glossy, bright pink fruit.
- YieldModerate growth rate.
- Botanical NameVaccinium 'Pink Lemonade'
- HeaderEye-Catching Fruit and Year-Round Beauty!
- DepthPlant so the roots are below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.