Pink Muhly Grass
- SKU: 90027
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
Pink Muhly Grass
- LightFull sun.
- Height18 inches (36 inches when in bloom).
- Spread2 - 3 feet.
- Spacing2 - 3 feet.
- Zones6 - 10
- FoliageTidy clumps, fine blue-green foliage.
- Flower FormPurplish-red inflorescence, diffuse silky panicles 18 inches high.
- ColorPurplish-red to pink.
- BloomsLate Summer to mid Fall for 6 - 8 weeks.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningIn late winter to early spring, cut back old foliage down to a few inches above the base of the plant for a neater appearance the rest of the season. Late winter to early spring.
- CommentsDelicate pink plume seed heads appear in late summer and completely envelope the foliage. Instantly transform the look of your garden by adding easy-care ornamental grasses. They make stunning focal points, graceful borders or perfect complements to your other plantings. In late Summer this tough grass sends up light airy pink plumes. One of the most showy grasses for the landscape. Because of its tough nature it can be planted just about anywhere. It tolerates heat, humididty, drought and wet conditions. Forms neat clumps of narrow foliage in Spring and Summer, then in late Summer it becomes one of the most stunning plants around! Airy plumes of cotton-candy pink float above the foliage, and they hold their color until Fall is over. Extremely easy, thriving despite heat, humidity, drought, even poor soil! Grows 3 feet tall and 2 1/2 feet wide. Muhlenbergia capillaries.
- Botanical NameMuhlenbergia capillaris
- DepthPlant at the same level as in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.