Pixie Crunch™ Apple Tree
Pixie Crunch™ Apple Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Spreading, twiggy.
- LightFull sun.
- Height22 - 25 feet for standard, 6 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Spread20 feet for standard, 4 -6 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Spacing20 feet in all directions for standard, 6 - 8 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Zones5 - 8 (-10° F.).
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormYes.
- ColorMedium red blossoms.
- BloomsEarly to mid season.
- FruitMedium red colored, medium size fruit, (with proper thinning), elongated round in shape. Flavor is super sweet, incredibly crisp and very juicy.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil.
- Growth RateMedium groqwth rate. Weak vigor.
- PruningThere are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially on young trees to encourage a strong, solid framework. 2. On mature trees, to maintain shape and encourage fruit production. The best time to prune apple trees is in late Winter or very early Spring before any new growth starts.
- PollinatorSundance, Liberty, Gala, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious.
- CommentsU.S. Patent No. 13871 A newly named Exclusive from Purdue. It was introduced in 2001. The tree is a small sized version of Rome Beauty and easily managed. Quick to bear, annually productive like Goldrush. The texture is similar to Honeycrisp but this one is much sweeter. Unable to ship to AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- YieldApproximately 5 - 10+ bushels at maturity on standard trees, 1/2 bushel for Li'l BIG.
- Botanical NameMalus domestica "Pixie Crunch'
- HeaderSweeter than 'Honeycrisp'
- DepthGraft or bud union should be just above the soil line. Look for plant depth indicator.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.